14 May 2019, Kuala Lumpur – Epson, a market leader in SCARA robots, will be launching its new compact and easy-to-install VT6L robots at the Automex 2019 event in Kuala Lumpur in Malaysia, in Epson’s first-time showcase at the event.
Suited for a wide variety of simple applications, the next generation VT6 robot offers an all-in-one concept for easy plug-and-start installation as well as the option for intelligent features such as Epson’s vision system.
- Epson’s vision system can enable robots to “see”, and its algorithm software is able to detect colour and shapes of objects, as well as positioning and orientation of the objects through a camera. In an assembly line, it can auto-calibrate on where to pick, even if the item has fallen or positioned out of place.
- Drawing on its miniature controller technology, Epson’s VT6L robots come with a built-in controller that makes integration fast and easy and helps to save space. The robots are engineered for maximum usability and a low total cost of ownership (TCO).
“The VT6L robot can replace tedious tasks to free up labour for higher value-added work, and is ideal for tight spaces for small factories. Manufacturers have been reluctant to automate material handling tasks that add little value because of the expense and trouble involved in building production lines,” said Mr Ng Ngee Khiang, Regional Director, Visual Products & Robotics Solutions Division, Epson Singapore.
“With the affordably-priced and easy-to-install VT6L robot, we aim to address these concerns. With our comprehensive range of robots and as the SCARA robot market leader in the region, we are ready to support the growing automation needs of the market,” he added.
- Delivering many of the features found in Epson’s high-end robots, including powerful Epson RC+ development software and easy integration tools such as vision guidance, the entry-level 6-axis VT6L offers a reach up to 900 mm and a payload up to 6 kg.
- Among the many possible uses for this robot are machine tending applications in which components or workpieces are loaded and unloaded from test equipment.
- Epson will be showcasing at Booth 7183 at the Automex event, the 12th International Automation Technology Exhibition from 15 to 18 May 2019, at Malaysia International Trade and Exhibition Centre (MITEC), Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
 Epson is 2017 global market share leader and has been leader for SCARA robots for 7 successive years. Source: Fuji Keizai "2012 - 2018 Reality and Future Outlook of Worldwide Robot Market”.
Epson is a global technology leader dedicated to connecting people, things and information with its original efficient, compact and precision technologies. With a lineup that ranges from inkjet printers and digital printing systems to 3LCD projectors, watches and industrial robots, the company is focused on driving innovations and exceeding customer expectations in inkjet, visual communications, wearables and robotics. Led by the Japan-based Seiko Epson Corporation, the Epson Group comprises more than 76,000 employees in 87 companies around the world, and is proud of its contributions to the communities in which it operates and its ongoing efforts to reduce environmental impacts.http://global.epson.com/
About Epson Southeast Asia
Since 1982, Epson has developed a strong presence across major markets in Southeast Asia. Led by the regional headquarters Epson Singapore, Epson’s business in Southeast Asia spans an extensive network of 11 countries with a comprehensive infrastructure of close to 500 service outlets, 7 Epson solution centres and 7 manufacturing facilities. http://www.epson.com.sg
About Epson Malaysia
Epson Malaysia Sdn Bhd was established in Malaysia in 1991 as Epson Trading (M) Sdn Bhd, a sales company of the Seiko Epson Corporation, Japan. The company has exclusive rights to market, distribute and support a complete range of leading-edge Epson consumer and business digital imaging products in Malaysia and Brunei. Today, Epson Malaysia has 84 employees and an extensive network of 59 authorised service outlets nationwide. For more info, please visit www.epson.com.my or connect with us at www.facebook.com.my/EpsonMalaysia